National Relaxation Day is on August 15th this year. It is a day to relax, unwind, and focus on self-care! DCSI always encourages our patients to take time to try and de-stress. Leading a stress-free life or at least taking the time to de-stress can positively affect the skin. Our South Florida dermatologist has some tips on ways to relax and what stress-relieving products to use.
Can Stress Cause Skin Problems?Stress can definitely affect the skin. Both acute and chronic stress can cause visible signs on the skin like: Repeated psychological or environmental stressors can permanently affect your skin beyond flushing or sweating. It can affect your overall well-being, too. There are also some stress-relieving beauty products to help with relaxation. While reducing the stress levels should alleviate some of the symptoms, there are sometimes situations that might need a little more attention. DCSI can share some of the products we recommend to help you relax on National Relaxation Day.
Stress-Relieving Beauty ProductsHere is our list of products to help with stress:
- Matcha Magic Super-Antioxidant Mask - This mask helps reduce redness, calms skin inflammation, brightens, reduces oil, and promotes collagen production.
- Hydrating Plumping Mask - A cooling gel mask that soothes and moisturizes the skin with aloe leaf juice and rose-hip seed oil.
- Lavender Calming Body Oil - Lavender oil is known for its ability to soothe the senses and helps with a restful night’s sleep. It also moisturizes the skin.
- Soothing Cucumber Mask - A gently cooling mask is great for dealing with redness, rosacea, dryness, and overall stressed-out skin. Calming cucumber, chamomile, and aloe are the perfect combination to soothe and hydrate the skin.
- Aveda Stress-Fix Body Cream - This combination of lavender and sage is a perfect stress fix.
- Stress Relief Eye Mask - This is one of the quicker products to help with stress. Most eye mask take no more than 10 to 15 minutes.
- Deep Sleep Pillow Spray - Pillow sprays offer a light relaxing scent that helps your body and mind slow down and slip into a deep sleep. If you are dealing with acne or are prone to breakouts, we recommend to skipping this!