Dermatology Hair Conditions and Treatments
DCSI specializes in providing high quality care through all our treatment services, and we can evaluate any hair condition or disease that you may have. Our hair treatment is customized, and depending on the individual and the disease that is present, Dr. Wassef will determine the best level of care needed. Hair loss is a major problem in our society because it has a great deal of social and cultural importance. The most common type of hair loss is called androgenic alopecia. This is a hereditary form of hair loss that can be found in both males and females. At Dermatology & Cutaneous Surgery Institute, we will fully assess your hair condition before we provide you with the best treatment possible. If you are experiencing hair loss or have another hair condition, schedule your appointment today with DCSI.
Hair Loss and the Causes
There are many causes to hair loss, and Dr. Wassef can help guide you through the process. Dr. Wassef and his providers are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss. Many men and women use chemical treatments on their hair, and this can cause damage when repeated multiple times. Shampooing and brushing your hair too often can also be one contributing factor to hair loss. While this may be a factor, the most common cause of hair loss is due to hereditary thinning or balding. Many people will experience this as an inheritance from their parent. While there is no cure, there are hair loss treatments that can successfully help hair grow back healthy. Dr. Wassef will be able to fully examine your condition and provide you with the best treatment option.
Dandruff is the shedding of excessive amounts of dead skin flakes from the scalp. Dandruff differs from a dry scalp in that it is improved when one shampoos more often. This condition can often be controlled by prescription shampoos and medications prescribed by Dr. Wassef.
Dermatologist for Hair Loss in South Florida
There are many things that our dermatologists in Wellington could do to address hair loss for those that are interested in bettering their situation. For example, a dermatologist can diagnose the cause of hair loss and recommend appropriate treatments to help slow down or reverse the hair loss. Our professionals could give you some of the most in-explanations and treatments available. We make an effort to listen to our patients so that we understand exactly what they need when it comes to dermatology treatment. Our Wellington, FL dermatologists explain more below.
Dermatologist Treatment for Hair Loss
Some of the things that our dermatologist consultants of South Florida help our patients with when it comes to hair loss include:
- Conducting a thorough examination – A dermatologist could examine your scalp and hair so that they could get a good idea of what your hair follicles look like. This gives our professionals a good idea of what they could expect when the time comes for diagnosing exactly where you stand.
- Prescribing medication – Depending on the cause of your hair loss, a dermatologist may prescribe medications such as minoxidil or finasteride to help slow down or reverse hair loss.
- Recommending hair restoration treatments – If you have advanced hair loss, a dermatologist may recommend hair restoration treatments such as hair transplantation or scalp micro pigmentation, or even just micro pigmentation in general.
- Providing lifestyle recommendations – Since hair loss relies on many other factors, it could be possible for people suffering from hair loss to attribute many of their symptoms to their lifestyle being one of a lot of stress or unhealthy dieting. Our Fort Lauderdale dermatologist and Boca Raton hair loss treatment professionals could assist you in correcting your lifestyle so that you experience less hair loss.
- Addressing underlying health conditions – Like lifestyle choices, there could be health conditions that contribute to hair loss. If your hair loss is caused by an underlying health condition, such as a thyroid disorder or autoimmune disease, a dermatologist can work with your primary care provider to help manage the condition and prevent further hair loss.
Dermatologist for Thinning Hair
Much related to hair loss, a dermatologist could assist people with thinning hair. There are many medications that could assist with thinning hair. These include topical medications like minoxidil and even oral medications like finasteride. Your dermatologist may prescribe a topical medication such as minoxidil, since this medication increases the blood flow to the area that it is applied to, it will do a great deal to help thin hair. An oral medication like Finasteride that does interfere with hormones causes hair loss by making sure that they are not produced and contribute to thinning hair.
When it comes to choosing your next dermatologist, you are going to need to make sure that you get the right professional for you. Our dermatologist for hair practice makes an effort to provide our patients with the best care and professional attention possible. When it comes to choosing your next dermatologist for men’s hair loss, look no further than DCSI!
Hair Loss Treatment in South Florida
Hair loss can be caused by many different factors, such as genetics, stress, and even medication. It’s important to realize that there is effective treatment out there. If you seek treatment when you first notice the hair loss, you will be able to take control over it and fix the issue. Contact our Delray Beach or Wellington offices today to learn more about how we can help your hair loss problem and what makes us one of the best dermatologists in South Florida. Our dermatologist in Delray Beach provides the best care possible and can treat a variety of hair conditions. Dr. Wassef and staff are committed to each of our patients’ health and well-being. We can ensure that high quality standards will be met. If you are suffering from hair loss, we want you to know that there is treatment available! Dr. Mounir Wassef can treat all dermatology conditions and diseases present.