Acne, unfortunately, isn't only a facial issue. Many of our DCSI patients suffer from back acne, known as 'bacne,' as well. There is no limit to the type of acne there can be. From whiteheads and blackheads to pustules and papules, the causes can vary. This is why our professionals will work with each patient to figure out a treatment plan for their concerns and why we want to recommend some of the best products for back acne. Thankfully there are also plenty of formulas and ingredients to treat these blemishes for acne-prone skin. At our West Palm Beach Dermatology offices, patients can work with our team to find suitable treatment along with preventive measures for back acne.
What Causes Back Acne?Bacne flare-ups can be caused by a few things. These can include hormonal changes, which commonly occur during pregnancy, menstruation, or menopause. Other causes can be excessive sweating and side effects of different medications. Unfortunately, genetics also play a role here. It helps to keep clothes loose fitting and to keep your skin, hair, and clothes clean to help prevent the buildup of acne-causing bacteria and oil. When it comes to the best products for back acne, there are key ingredients to keep in mind:
- Benzoyl Peroxide - Kills bacteria that cause acne.
- Tea Tree Oil - Helps address acne in people with more sensitive skin.
- Chemical Exfoliants (Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid) - These exfoliating acids help remove dead skin, excess oil, and bacteria.
- Retinol - This is another exfoliating option that works to speed up skin cell turnover, allowing for healthy skin.
Treatment OptionsAcne on the back can be more difficult to treat because of the location, and products are easy to apply to the face. It can be slightly more difficult to apply to the back or other parts of the body, especially without help. Though there are many different options, here are some of the best products for back acne:
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment
- Neutrogena Body Clear Acne Body Wash
- CeraVe Salicylic Acid Body Wash for Rough and Bumpy Skin
- Murad Acne Control Acne Body Wash
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Targeted Gel
- Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Surface
- Paula’s Choice CLEAR Acne Body Spray
- Differin Gel Acne Treatment
- PanOxyl Acne Foaming Wash
- Versed Back-Up Plan Acne-Control Body Mist