2020 isn’t just a new year, it’s a new decade that is sure to bring huge developments in the beauty and skincare industries. At DCSI, we offer South Florida dermatology services for patients who want to put their best selves forward. A little skincare can go a long way in the new year, which is why identifying 2020’s biggest skincare trends is a great first step to starting the new year with glowing skin. Explore these trends and make an appointment with our board-certified dermatologist today for any skincare assistance and treatment.
2020 Skincare TrendsThe last decade in skincare has seen consumer changes that are causing the skincare industry to adapt. For example, Gen Z and Millennial skincare habits are placing a stronger emphasis on transparency with ingredients, greater communication with brands, and influencer marketing for skincare products. This growth has led to some of the biggest skincare trends for 2020:
- Clean and transparent ingredients – consumers want to know what goes into their skincare products and if those products are safe for use.
- Trendy ingredients, including CBD – CBD has become popular in many products in 2019, and 2020 will likely show CBD entering skincare products as well.
- Men taking a greater interest in skincare – men of all ages want to look and feel their best too, which is why men are starting to take skincare more seriously in 2020.
- Greater brand interaction – whether interacting with influencers, brand social media pages, or brand reps in cosmetic retailers, consumers are looking to build a relationship with their favorite brands.
- Cruelty-free products – whether vegan, vegetarian, or simply socially conscious, consumers are looking for cruelty-free products that do not use animal testing.
- Greater representation – beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and beauty companies are taking note by including greater representation of their varied consumers.